If you have employees, you will have to pay wage tax. The tax authorities are responsible for levying wage taxes and national insurance contributions (‘payroll taxes’). Payroll taxes are a form of payment in advance of income tax/national insurance contributions. The party providing the wages or benefit withholds payroll taxes so that these do not have to be paid by the recipient.
The party required to withhold the payroll taxes (‘the entrepreneur’) is referred to as the withholding agent. The person from whose wages or benefit the taxes are deducted is referred to as the employee.
In most cases you have to file payroll tax returns every quarter. The returns are derived from your salary administration and have had to be submitted to the tax authorities electronically since 2006. &van der Kloet can perform your salary administration and file your payroll tax returns. Please contact us for more information on turnover and payroll taxes. We can help you with:
- The preperation and maintainence of the wage administration
- The registration of new employers and employees at the Tax Department
- The providence of year-end wage statements
- The filing of the year-end wage and tax statements at the Tax Department
- The providence of ‘pro-forma’ wage calculations